Are you passionate about great investigative journalism? Can you bring energy, commitment and vision to your job? Do you believe in dynamic, diverse workplaces and want to make a difference?
The UK’s largest independent media organisation is expanding and we are looking for a high calibre individual who wants to help our organisation become a world leader in mission-driven investigative journalism.
The Global Editor is a leadership role which will take responsibility for overseeing our international project teams as well as working with freelancers to produce powerful investigations that make a difference.
We are looking for somebody full of story ideas who can land great investigations of global importance.
You will need to be ambitious and keen to work with a team as well as with great freelance reporters and filmmakers.
This job will be primarily based in our London office working with our reporter team, but there is some room for flexibility.
Salary £55,000 to £65,000 depending on experience.
- Deliver hard-hitting investigations of global importance
- Oversee our international project teams – currently Global Superbugs, Food and Farming and Shadow Wars
- Bring in and manage top-level freelancers with powerful stories
Experience and skills
- Proven track record of great stories
- A notebook full of deliverable story ideas
- Able to handle difficult journalistic situations
- Working with whistleblowers
- Working on legally sensitive stories
- Collaborative team player
- Management skills
- Good contact book
- Time management
- Obsessive interest in investigative journalism
- Passionate about hearing untold stories from diverse communities
- Thorough understanding of media law and ethics
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of managing foreign sends
- Advanced digital investigative skills
- Television or documentary experience
Send a CV and covering letter to [email protected].
The closing date is March 4.