BBC Television Centre
1. Mark Thompson £838,000 Director General, BBC
2. Jana Bennett £517,000 Director; Vision, BBC
3. Mark Byford £488,000 Deputy Director General, BBC
4. Tim Davie £452,000 Director; Audio & Music, BBC
5. Zarin Patel £434,000 Chief Financial Officer, BBC
6. Caroline Thomson £419,000 Chief Operating Officer, BBC
7. Erik Huggers £407,000 Director; Future Media & Technology
8. Sharon Baylay £345,000 Director; MC&A,
9. Lucy Adams £328,000 Director; BBC People,
10. Helen Boaden £332,800 Director; BBC News
This database includes anyone – named or otherwise – earning a base salary of £100,000 or more. Total remuneration includes base fee plus any additional payments such as bonuses, extra pay or benefits in kind. Where possible we have excluded pension contributions from total remuneration. Figures exclude BBC Worldwide.
The exception to this is the BBC executive board – total remuneration figures for those members also include payments made as part of a salary sacrifice scheme and employer pension contributions. They are included in the accounts as total remuneration. The BBC has made it clear that these payments are under review and are likely to be withdrawn.